Pre Rain Man Autism

Figured out Autism is the next 1000 chapters in psychology. Once we learn the picture thoughts that happen during the lack of eye contact, normal thoughts result. We build on the work of Temple Grandin and we missed Rain Man 's curse. Autism Is BOTH mrdd and Einstein and even social functioning people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Inventor of The Turing Motor a 70% efficient green triple hybird autstically designed car motor. There are at least 200 more Autisitc people like me, that function very well and modern autism will not own up to us. We connect MR/DD to Einstein and real life. We missed Rain Man's curse (thankfully) The Turing Motor is Green has no up and down moving parts and will get a reasonable car 90 MPG. It is the motor Ford and Mercedes would have built if they understood their own. It is Autistic Obession and splinter skills all figured out!

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Painless Autism

Another Chapter to Painless Injuries

Autism forgot or perhaps never really realized how autistic people have painless injuries. Those of us in the Temple Grandin anthropology that have lived our lives largely undiagnosed and in the real world have not only figured out our proficient picture thoughts that modern autism is not interested in but, we have added many chapters to medical history as well with "painless injuries." We have been real life car accidents and workplace accidents and have learned to endure. We also learned we shock the devil out of X-ray techs and ER Personal. Perhaps a modern Autistic person with a tummy ache might have a simple problem being treated as something huge. It seems we feel 1 and 10 on the pain scale and little else.

About a week ago I fell on black ice and landed on my knee, It hurt like hell for a few "milliseconds" and then the pain went away. That is totally normal for Autism injuries, I have had a life time of them and being a mechanic I really had more than my share. Coupled with that experience and that of other Autistic people in the real world we have discovered we really don't feel the pain of an injury. No matter where we are from-we have the same story amazing story to tell. Naturally a painless injury would never even be noticed by an "Autism Professional" We have learned we feel the same pain you do BUT ONLY for a few milliseconds and then we are pain free. If we are white we show little or no black and blue marks but we might have swelling and bumps and of course cuts.

My first major injury in 3rd grade was a BIG wooden window fell on my hand at school and the whole class seen it happen. No, it didn't hurt! I was stunned and confused and they took me to the school nurse and she was having some doubt that it happened as she was expecting me to go threw the roof with the exam. Even the principal days later was asking the teacher IF my hand was really under the window and she assured him it had been and she help remove it. It swelled and it was very hard to move for a few weeks but it never hurt!

Just the other week upon falling on my knee it to hurt for a few milliseconds and I have been mostly walking on it with ease. The LUMP is huge and only hurts when you put extreme pressure on it. Mom felt the lump the day after it happened and staggered back a bit a bit shocked. This is a common autism story for our anthropology. Just think of all the autism that could explain?

Many of us in the group have had misaligned hips all of our lives too (including yours truly) and we never felt the pain growing up that most kids would have. We simply presented as a klutz, we could not run skip or do jumping jacks due to the misalignment but since we never complained of any hip pain no one even dreamed to look. I do remember the doctor measuring my legs however and indeed they seem the same length but the hips are off. Today I finally wear a built up shoe on my short side 3/8" of an inch and I can get along a lot better. MANY of us were 30 and 40 years old before we finally felt constant hip pain. Naturally adding to our shoes helps a lot. I have even ridden over 10,000 miles on bicycle in my life and that still only crippled me in later life.

A Test for Pain Tolerance

Along the way being an auto mechanic I also discovered as very good Autism pain tolerance test: broken Bolts! As a beginner Autism auto mechanic in the days before we were instantly crippled with the diagnosis of autism I was absently starting my career as an auto mechanic. I broke nearly every bolt I touched! I could remove bolts others gave up on and I even broke head bolts-some of the strongest on the car and I barley winced doing it. (they did not feel tight enough!) Is that the autism pain tolerance? Once I used a torque wrench I was horrified to feel 20 foot lb. (not much) didn't even register with me as a little bit tight. I had to set the wrench to 80 foot lb. before I was even close to feeling the correct torque. My mechanic CO workers all had normal ability to tighten bolts.

If Autism were to take a hint from our experience they would set up a series of tests where Aspies tightened bolts and watch how many we break. It we were told to tighten bolts until they were tight we would probably break most of them or even strip the threads on very good grade bolts.

Of Course Pain Tolerance or the other stuff we have figured (picture thoughts) out is not even on the radar of autism "professionals" and that is because they only see the obvious to the condign not the reality of it. I bet if we blended the new and old Autism together Autism would discover its foundation once again a foundation it abandoned in the Rain Man Era.

A side note, I was often called upon to break the tough bolts loose and I often simply turned the bolt-stud out of the metal, again with "ease." Autistically I OFTEN (unknowingly) heard the movement of the metal the high pitched noise only a decibel meter would hear and IF the bolt was making noise I kept on moving it, If Not it was typically too rusted to move. That is the autism keen senses in terms of hearing If we hear stuff like that can you believe us that a quiet house is never quiet?

Rich Shull Author, Autism Pre Rain Man Autism -built on Temple's Thinking in Pictures

Inventor of the Turing Motor, named for our autistic hero Alan Turing (1912-1954) Autistic and father of the computer.

Labels: