Pre Rain Man Autism

Figured out Autism is the next 1000 chapters in psychology. Once we learn the picture thoughts that happen during the lack of eye contact, normal thoughts result. We build on the work of Temple Grandin and we missed Rain Man 's curse. Autism Is BOTH mrdd and Einstein and even social functioning people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Inventor of The Turing Motor a 70% efficient green triple hybird autstically designed car motor. There are at least 200 more Autisitc people like me, that function very well and modern autism will not own up to us. We connect MR/DD to Einstein and real life. We missed Rain Man's curse (thankfully) The Turing Motor is Green has no up and down moving parts and will get a reasonable car 90 MPG. It is the motor Ford and Mercedes would have built if they understood their own. It is Autistic Obession and splinter skills all figured out!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Enduring Autism Haircuts

Hi ********,

That is just awesome....want to clone that hair sylist for me??? ********** is just hard to get his hair cut too. It won't be much longer and I told his Dad that I won't be able to take him he is just way too strong for me to handle. So what we may end up doing is calling our hair sylist and asking her to come to our house she said she would if she had advanced notice or putting him in the high chair and just doing it. But I just hate tramuntizating (sp?) *******. I know he doesn't like it and I know he is scared just like getting his hair washed HE HATES IT totally....but I do it and again I hate doing it as much as he hates it.**********

This is from a Web group I'm on the above is the original message the below is the same with my comments in blue.

Hi ********, That is just awesome....want to clone that hair sylist for me??? ********** is just hard to get his hair cut too. Gee well, maybe IF the autism professionals realized we hear and feel way more than they do they might think or even know a haircut from our point of view thing would be different. In the dark ages without the autism DX and the ills of that we were forced to endure our haircuts and we eventually learned to tolerate them with no fits. We learned to endue the clipper the noise and the vibrations the SHRILL of the scissors as they snipped the LOUD TV and Music the out of tune high pitches and even the thunder of a hair dryer. More importantly we learned to endure a stranger TOO close to us. It won't be much longer and I told his Dad that I won't be able to take him he is just way too strong for me to handle. So what we may end up doing is calling our hair sylist and asking her to come to our house she said she would if she had advanced notice or putting him in the high chair and just doing it. But I just hate tramuntizating (sp?) *******. I know he doesn't like it and I know he is scared just like getting his hair washed HE HATES IT totally....but I do it and again I hate doing it as much as he hates it. See my recent post called Amplified listening and see and feel for your self after reading that just what torture a haircut can be.

Today at 43 I still hate hair cuts I still have the same problems I always had and currently you have to be social with a chatty stylist-we have a hard time talking as it is and the add trouble of scissors and clippers that still prompt overload as it always has done. Those of us that do well in our unadmitted to group have figured out the words to say in conversations and in this case even more 'default topics and gestures' to cover for us while in over load in the barber chair. Do you realize we can hear our hair "breaking" as it cuts? If we never figure out that fact it would understandably scare us. And you wonder why hair cuts and dentists offices are pure hell. We have been there and done that ,,,too bad Autism doesn't respect our endurance trials or everyone in the spectrum would be better for it.


**********

Rich Shull,,,, http://prerainmanautism.blogspot.com/

The "best autism book ever" ALAN TURING: The Enigma By Andrew Hodges Simon and Schuster New York. Copyright 1983 Related Item PBS-BBC show entitled Breaking the Code by Hugh Whitmore, based on The Enigma.