Pre Rain Man Autism

Figured out Autism is the next 1000 chapters in psychology. Once we learn the picture thoughts that happen during the lack of eye contact, normal thoughts result. We build on the work of Temple Grandin and we missed Rain Man 's curse. Autism Is BOTH mrdd and Einstein and even social functioning people

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Inventor of The Turing Motor a 70% efficient green triple hybird autstically designed car motor. There are at least 200 more Autisitc people like me, that function very well and modern autism will not own up to us. We connect MR/DD to Einstein and real life. We missed Rain Man's curse (thankfully) The Turing Motor is Green has no up and down moving parts and will get a reasonable car 90 MPG. It is the motor Ford and Mercedes would have built if they understood their own. It is Autistic Obession and splinter skills all figured out!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Obsession, GOOD for Us!

An Aspie Obsession, a Good Thing!

I can hear the "coughing going now 'as I know that is not approved practice in Autism Circles these days but, It does work wonders! If "Autism" or some group or Nonprofit would care to study our Anthropology they will discover we all do a normal life to some large degree and we all owe some part of success to our Obsessions, splinter skill, learning hallways or special interest. Those of us that really do well in real life work in a field or a 'perfect" job related to our skills.

The Splinter Skills for us proved to be a way that "ignorant' Autism of a time gone by was given a chance to develop. A Splinter skill is a learning hallway for us it is ONE thing we truly understand. That is 1/2 the battle. An Obsession has lots of Picture Thoughts and Picture thoughts are natural for us. My Parents were a bit" too thrilled" with my mechanical pursuits and I was boring them to death I'm sure but, they (unknowingly) made me slow down and EXPLAIN my aspie thoughts to them. That turned out to be my perfect training in explaining aspie thought to their thoughts. I was converting Picture Thoughts to words to be spoken.

My Obsession was our 1962 Pontiac Cataliana, It was the Third best selling car in 1962 and today less than 1% of them survive. Only an Obsessed Aspie would have cared enough to save this hunk of junk! Over the years I have replaced the frame, custom, hand built the motor (fixing design flaws) and fixed the slim Jim transmission. All of this major repair was the result of a factory defect of sometype. I seen photos of junkyards taken in 1967 and they were filled with 61-62 Pontiac's like mine. One Junkyard operator told me it the most of any type of car he had had in his yard at one time since the Model T after W.W.II.

Alan Turing, Aspie Hero used his insight to develop his computers, he was father of the Computer. Temple of course, uses her knowledge for good as well. I have also taken my splinter skills to new heights and invented the Turing Motor, named for Alan Turing. My Motor is 70% efficient, very Green. All parts spin the same direction, it will idle at 2-3 rpm and run 1000's of Rpm. It will be cooled with Freon or Nitrogen. I had the first picture thoughts of it 20 years ago and since then have built and tested and redesigned it via my Picture thoughts. Actual Models have been made. I'd be delighted to share this with the world, but first I have to break from Rain Man and Forrest Gump stereotypes.

Splinter skill's, learning hallways all did their part in making my (our) autism connect to the real world. Lets face it even the best of us (my anthropology included) are not social butterflies and we are lucky to understand a lot of things in real life, so we might as well use what we have. For those worried of a real social disaster they can be prevented. My Parents again made me explain things to them teaching me how to convert my picture thoughts. There is such a need for us to 'talk" about our Obsession that we will find way to be come social just to do that. Once one thing is understood completely we seen the importance of social skills. Again If our anthropology would ever be studied Obsessions will be a key factor in our lives. Perhaps you (my readers) know why Autism refuses to admit to us? We have Many more Temple Grandin's and Alan Turing's in our Anthropology.

For a look at my 1962 Pontiac, go back a few posts to one titled An Actual Thought.

This was taken in 1999? At the Lambda Car Club Grand Inventional held in Indianapolis Indiana. There are lot of fine cars in the shot and in the background is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This was my Pontiac's maiden voyage after being reassembled from engine to frame and body. We have traveled many miles together since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home